- Design and develop modular, well-tested, well-documented, reusable, and extensible R code for statistical applications.
- Peer review R code and provide critical constructive feedback.
- Design and implement statistical tests to validate the application.
- Work with product managers to craft feature requirements, question assumptions, assess feasibility, and estimate cost/benefit tradeoffs.
- Work with other engineers to create data contracts for all integration points. Question assumptions and assess cost/benefit to arrive at the best solution.
- Ability to work independently on complex and diverse issues and propose solutions
- High proficiency in R programming, including extensive hands-on experiences in the following technologies: RStudio, tidyverse, dev tools, and R6
- Proficiency in SQL programming
- Hands-on experience in statistical modeling and analysis. Familiarity with concepts such as p-values, GLM, distributions, clustering, and survival analysis.
- Experience using GitHub and Git version control
- Familiarity with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, RDS, Batch, and Step Functions.
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Spark.
- Ability to translate business requirements into data pipelines and model framework, owning and driving successful projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication
Your Education & Experience:
- Masters or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, operations research, or data science or in a related field with a strong foundation in statistical methodology
- 4+ years of experience in R programming and statistical analysis
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Their products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of the most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform. Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving them the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, they pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting for patients sooner.
US: Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1