The Workforce Staffing Research team is responsible for their hourly workforce: Who do they hire? How should they hire them? How do they make sure the right candidate gets the right role at the right time, and how do they do this efficiently? As Amazon moves toward free one-day shipping for Prime customers, and as they continue to scale globally, answering these questions will have a material impact on the business, and on the experience that candidates have.
Here’s Where You Come In
What is the role? As a Data Scientist in Workforce Staffing, your work is focused on research programs to deeply understand the people that make up their hourly workforce. You understand that even when hiring hundreds of thousands of hourly associates across multiple types of roles and businesses, the experience of each candidate matters.
You use your deep expertise in statistics (regressions, multilevel models, structural equation models, etc.), and data collection in a variety of settings (e.g., field studies, surveys, existing large data sets) to define and answer nebulous problems. You leverage your quantitative background to develop and test theoretical frameworks and design experiments. You design, deployment, and conduct an analysis of their global candidate research activities, using experimental, quasi-experimental, and RCT methods. You relentlessly obsess over understanding their candidates and what attracts them to Amazon. You work with colleagues across Research, Data Science, Business Intelligence and related teams to enable Amazon to find and hire the right candidates for the right roles at an unprecedented scale.
This will be a highly visible role across multiple key deliverables for their global organization. If you are passionate and curious about data, obsess over customers, love questioning the status quo, and want to make the world a better place, let’s chat.
- A Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Three or more years in research science, ML, or data scientist role and a track record of strong statistical analysis and building machine or deep learning models
- Experienced in using multiple statistical/data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Strong background and experience using Python and/or R
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong ability to interact, communicate, present, and influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least three years of working experience as a Data or Research Scientist.
- Experienced in writing academic-style papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within and their customer’s organizations
- Experience in recruitment or operations
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1