Facebook is seeking a highly quantitative, driven, and creative Data Scientist for the Finance Data Science team. The team and role provide a uniquely broad bird’s eye view of Facebook’s business, with a focus at the intersection of technical data science and strategic business domains. This role is focused on forecasting and analyzing revenue and pricing for the advertising business while partnering across Finance and Product. It plays a crucial role in enabling Facebook’s leadership to have a data-driven understanding of key revenue trends in order to be equipped for strategic decision making. Their work also sets up and utilizes a metric-driven framework to align teams across the company to work collectively towards achieving their revenue goals.
The role will challenge the candidate to both understand and contribute to many facets of a rapidly growing business, including supply and demand dynamics, ad delivery system nuances, and industry-wide trends. Responsibilities will revolve around driving revenue forecasting, developing actionable insights for the business, conducting deep-dive analyses to quantify key revenue drivers, and influencing decision-makers to enable revenue growth. This team partners closely with colleagues across Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Finance to collectively analyze and drive revenue growth. Successful candidates will have exceptional analytical skills, technical fluency, bias toward action, exceptional partnering and communication skills, and the know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
- Analyze large datasets, interpret revenue and/or ad pricing trends, and identify actionable insights and opportunities.
- Build, evaluate, monitor, and refine revenue and/or ad pricing forecast models, with a focus on accuracy and explainability. Improve the team’s rigor in understanding and explaining deviations relative to the forecast.
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives.
- Perform deep-dive analyses of revenue or ad pricing drivers, including supply and demand effects, ad delivery system dynamics, and industry-level drivers.
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to the rest of the team and company leaders.
- Present on business implications of analyses and forecasts in reviews with leaders across Facebook.
- Partner with Data Engineering to build, design, and maintain core data infrastructure, pipelines, and data workflows to automate dashboards and analyses, in order to increase the efficiency of the team’s workflows.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline)
- 2+ years of experience in data science, analytics, or finance, conducting quantitative analysis
- Work experience using SQL and R/Python to query, manipulate and analyze data sets
- Academic or work experience with statistics (e.g. regressions, time series)
- Experience with synthesizing and communicating narratives based on data-driven analyses
- Experience with automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and/or Python-based ETL frameworks, as well as collaborating with Data Engineering on data infrastructure development
- Experience shifting priorities while maintaining organization
- Experience with communicating and collaborating with cross-team stakeholders
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline)
- 4+ years’ experience doing quantitative analysis
- Experience in a fast-paced, large-scale company or experience with the digital ads business
- Experience with building, evaluating, and refining time series forecast models
- Development experience in a scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, they can help people build stronger communities – they’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. They also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in their recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let them know at email@example.com.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1