IBM Services is looking for a Quantum Data Scientist who will interface with research and algorithm experts to implement quantum approaches, which includes data pre-/post-processing, running numerics, and visualizing data. Working with quantum industry experts, you will be a key member of a multi-discipline squad focused on building quantum capabilities and researching quantum application development for clients within the Financial Services sector industries including banking and financial markets, and insurance.
- Work with IBM Q Start team on active exploratory research engagements to prepare for future use case commercialization within a specific industry
- Interact with client data science teams to explore promising areas for quantum
- Implement quantum approaches, which includes data pre-/post-processing, running numerics and visualizing data
- Collaborate with industry and solutioning experts to design and shape experiments to demonstrate the quantum-enabled advantage
- Contribute best practices related to information architecture, including collection, integration, organization, analysis, and visualization of data for quantum-enabled impact
- Support practice development initiatives focused on building employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through coaching and development of training course material
At IBM their goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people.
- Skill development: We help their employees develop and grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: Endless career paths and advancement opportunities
- Diversity of people: Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive culture
IBM offers a competitive benefits program, designed to help employees build a solid financial foundation for meeting a diverse array of needs.
- Parental Bonding/Maternity Leave
- Paid Care Leave
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible Work Hours
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Worldwide Diversity & Inclusion and Business Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement Plan
Learn more about what working at IBM can mean for you!
IBM has been recognized over the years for its ability to innovate and promote a culture of principles and values, using technology as a key element.
Fortune — Most Admired Companies
DiversityInc. — Top 10 Companies for Global Diversity
National Association of Female Executives — Top 50 Companies for Female Executives
Working Mother — 100 Best Companies
2016 Climate Leadership Award
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ph.D./Masters in STEM-related fields with knowledge in quantum computing.
- 2+ years of data engineering and data science experience
- 1+ year of consulting experience within specific industries
- Familiarity with classical approaches to machine learning and linear algebra, including Support Vector Machine (SVM) for linear categorization and Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) to reduce the dimensionality of data
- Familiar with Qiskit software, including Qiskit Aqua for domain applications and Qiskit Terra for quantum circuit design and optimization
- Excellent ideation, facilitation and communications skills
- Detail-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
- English: Fluent
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and globally up to 40% (Will be required once we return to a travel-safe normal)
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience in at least one of the industries, with knowledge of industry trends, R&D areas, and computationally intensive processes (e.g. optimization)
- Familiarity with Qiskit
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1