TripAdvisor FCC (Flights, Cruise and Car) Data Science team is looking for an exceptional Data Scientist with strong statistical modeling and machine learning skills to help them translate the massive amount of data in their “big data” environments into impactful algorithms. They build models and test algorithms that support all facets of their business, including Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Business Development, and Finance. Using data science techniques that include supervised/unsupervised learning, collaborative filtering, and deep learning, this role will help optimize their end to end user experience, partner relationships, and site monetization.
Located in their Needham HQ office, this role will be focused on driving the analysis of user behavior on their site and building, iterating, testing and deploying new models and algorithms to grow traffic and revenue. This is a tremendous chance to make one of the largest travel sites in the world even better while enjoying the energy and rapid pace of a startup.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis and develop analytical models to maximize product growth, traffic acquisition, and partner optimizations
- Develop predictive models for user engagement and buyer behavior, and carrying out A/B tests for airline pricing
- Identify opportunities for revenue and traffic growth via user segmentation and personalized recommendations
- Prototype models and partner with Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, & Analytics to create product requirements and specification documents for new features and products
What They Seek
- 2+ years of Data Science or relevant experience, MS/Ph.D. preferred
- Strong SQL skills and experience with Big Data stack (Hadoop/Hive/Pig/Spark/etc.)
- Proficiency with Data Science programming environment (e.g. Python, R)
- A results-oriented collaborator who thrives on data and measurements
- Proficiency in data transformation, cleansing, management and interpretation
- Able to derive practical, data-driven solutions to business problems from imperfect data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex analytical topics to technical and business audiences
- Experience with eCommerce, recommender systems, user choice models, classification modeling, online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics preferred
TripAdvisor Perks And Benefits
- Free daily gourmet lunch and snacks!
- Shuttle transportation to their office in Needham from Green / Red Line T and Boston / Cambridge
- Fitness center with classes
- Fun after-work programs, parties, and charitable causes
- Generous time off, summer Fridays, and more!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1