They’re looking for a curious, adaptable Data Scientist to help always be one step ahead of financial crime trends to protect their customer’s money and to help them to run efficient operations.
They have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And they’re great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All their data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
They work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers, etc.
You’ll join their Data and Financial Crime teams to help them to measure, identify and prevent financial crime.
You’ll Help Them With The Following Questions And Challenges
- As financial crime is ever-evolving in its nature, how can they spot new typologies as soon as possible and prevent them from happening going forward?
- How can they optimize their current financial crime rules to minimize customer impact and reduce the operational burden on the team? And which new financial crime rules should they implement?
- How can they measure financial crime rates and alert the right people if they see a spike?
- How can they empower their operational colleagues by helping them use data in their day to day financial crime decisions?
- Where can they find operational time savings in their manual workflows, using data to tackle the biggest wins first?
You will be responsible for digging deep into the data, understanding their users’ behaviors, finding useful signals in the data and proposing solutions to identified problems.
You’ll also work closely with engineers across the company to ensure that they are collecting all the necessary data that they will need for future analyses.
Finally, you will introduce and monitor company-wide KPIs which will measure the performance of financial crime prevention and alert them if something goes off track.
They’re looking for someone who cares deeply about achieving the best outcomes for their users, can communicate their findings clearly and drive actions on top of insights.
You Should Apply If
- You’re at your happiest exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications
- You delight in automating processes, building datasets and analyzing data to support business decisions
- You have a solid grounding in SQL (Python knowledge is a plus)
- You’re adaptable, curious and enjoy learning new technologies and ideas
- What we’re doing sounds exciting, and you can’t wait to explore our data
- Ideally, you have previously worked in a financial crime or another related analytical environment – for example in a tech start-up, management consulting or banking.
This role is based at thier office in London, where you’ll work alongside financial crime analysts, engineers, designers, banking experts, and customer support specialists to build the future of banking.
They can help you relocate to London & they can sponsor visas.
They offer equity and competitive salaries based on skills and experience.
Their interview process is normally a phone interview with a recruiter, an initial call, a take-home task, and 2 hours of onsite interviews. They promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1