Uber is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Brand Data Science & Analytics team to provide data expertise as they build brand affinity, growth, retention and engagement of the riders, eaters, and drivers/couriers on the Uber platform. The Senior Data Scientist will support the design and development of highly effective and highly measurable marketing programs. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Marketing Intelligence, Media, and other teams to influence the creation and development of global and regional initiatives that achieve business/marketing objectives, while being highly measurable.
What You’ll Do
- Mine data and analytics at the customer level to gain a better understanding of their usage behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies.
- Utilize non-individual level measurement methods when applicable, like market-level testing, to help understand the impact of marketing spend and the related return it can drive.
- Use sophisticated modeling techniques such as causal inference to undercover insights related to user behavior.
- Collaborate closely with Applied Sciences to understand the ins and outs of various machine learning models, as well as help, understand their performance and areas of improvement.
- Work closely with the paid and CRM marketing teams and be responsible for campaign pre and post-analysis, cohorting, experiment design, segmentation, KPI measurement, and more.
- Collaborate on cross-functional project planning/prioritization meetings, business partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc.
- Choose the accurate metrics for tracking and understanding current and future experiments.
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multivariate Tests to provide measurable insights to the marketing team on the test data.
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Develop dashboards that provide reliable insights and visualization.
- Use tools such as Google Sheet, Jupyter notebooks, and many internal tools to work efficiently at scale.
- Be a key driver of marketing strategy, by thinking beyond immediate analysis to understand the long-term implications of actions.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Paid Media experience (ie. Programmatic, Facebook, Paid Search, Youtube, Audio, etc)
- Advanced experimentation experience including multivariate and causal analysis
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter attitude
- AdTech experience is a plus
- Understanding of econometric modeling and how to apply models to measure marketing efficiency and optimize spend, flighting and mix to maximize return on ad spend (i.e., MMM)
- Solid understanding of source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics, and formats; solid knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1