Are you passionate about applying data science to real business and customer needs? Would you like to use your data science skills to help our customers do more, feel more, and be more? At Bose, all of our energy is aimed at bringing products into the world that people truly love, and we don’t stop until the details are just right. Data science, machine learning, and analytics have become a crucial part of this mission . These capabilities fuel the creation of new and innovative products in consumer electronics and wellness, help us to bring the right products to the right customers, and allow us to astonish customers with carefully crafted and personalized experiences.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic data scientist for our new and growing Global Consumer Sales Data Science team out of the Boston Landing location. The mission of this team is to develop world-class data science, machine learning, and related technologies to extract insights from data for driving business and customer value. We provide data science expertise and support across the Sales, Marketing, Retail, and Customer Service organizations. The desired outcomes will include improved customer experiences, personalized recommendations, and digital optimization.
- Develop and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models for marketing, sales, e-commerce, and customer service applications such as customer lifetime value models, product recommenders, customer segmentations, uplift models, and propensity models.
- Explore large datasets related to customer and user behavior using modeling, analysis, and visualization techniques.
- Apply frequentist and Bayesian statistical inference tools to experimental and observational data.
- Collaborate with data science, data engineering, and data governance teams throughout the data science process. Engage with Global Consumer Sales colleagues to understand business problems and define data science solutions.
- Communicate results, analyses, and methodologies to technical and business stakeholders.
- Travel to Framingham, MA location at least once per week (shuttle from Boston Landing is available) .
- BS or MS (preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, or a related field
- Completed coursework related to Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, and Data Science
- Completed coursework related to Business/Customer Analytics, Marketing, Sales, and/or Management
- 2+ years of experience applying data science, machine learning, and analytics techniques to business problems, preferably related to sales and marketing
- Strong programming background with experience in Python (preferred) or R
- Strong understanding of unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms
- Experience designing experiments and analyzing experimental data using statistical modeling
- Strong analytical, communication, collaboration, and problem – solving skills
- Experience cleaning and wrangling data using tools such as SQL and Python
- (Preferred) Experience working with big data tools and frameworks such as Hadoop and Apache Spark
Bose is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For additional information, please review: (1) the EEO is the Law Poster (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf); and (2) its Supplements (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm). Please note, the company’s pay transparency is available at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf. Bose is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Wellbeing@bose.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1