Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist to support our Global Scientific and Medical Affairs groups within Janssen. This position will be based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceuticals is looking for an extraordinary Scientist who is passionate about crafting, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to patients and Janssen. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to use the data to build business value.
In this role you will work closely with scientists and SMEs from the Scientific and Medical Affairs organization that include the Real World Evidence (RWE) team to drive solutions that enable data-driven decision making. Your role will be to interface with these business functions, understand their needs and work independently on developing predictive models including but not limited to patient and payer analytics for the RWE organization, Voice Of Customer text analytics and Chatbot implementation for our call center. Beyond the modeling work, you will be partnering with the broader IT organization, as the Data Science Project Lead, to deploy these algorithms into larger solutions.
The role requires both a broad and deep knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and the subject matter and coding expertise to optimize and customize them. You will be part of a dynamic and accomplished informatics team that support multiple functional areas.
- M.S. with 3 years of experience, or Ph.D degree, in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics or a related discipline and 1 year of experience
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as regression, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, deep learning, neural networks, Bayesian models.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of healthcare relevant datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as R, Python, SAS or Java.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining
- This position is based out of Titusville, NJ.
- Understanding of clinical data and secondary healthcare data such as Claims data, EHR/EMR data is desirable
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-1125 Trenton Harbourton Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
- Hospital & Health Care
- Medical Device
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1