- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data analysis or related field (e.g., statistician, data scientist, computational biologist, bioinformatician).
- Experience coding (e.g., C/C++, Python, Java), querying databases (e.g., SQL, MySQL), and with statistical analysis (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS, SAS).
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Experience in machine learning (e.g., tools, preparing training sets or train classifiers).
- Ability to draw inferences, quantify uncertainty/risk, and recommend actions.
- Experience with machine learning on large datasets.
About The Job
At Google, data drives all of their decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google’s business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical rigor and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and their clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google’s practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
Their team defines the core metrics and experimentation practices that define how they measure and test Engagement, Adoption, and Retention for Google Maps. Collectively, they do everything from certification, metric reliability testing, to developing new experimentation methodologies to determine, for example, how a change in the Consumer product impacts Merchant behavior. They develop forecasting for usage and detect anomalies to find issues in the product design or implementation.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with datasets to solve non-routine analytical challenges and apply analytical methods. Conduct end-to-end analysis including data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis and ongoing deliverables and presentations.
- Build and prototype iterative analyses to provide insights at scale. Develop an understanding of data structures and goals, advocating for changes when needed for both product development and business growth.
- Interact cross-functionally with a variety of teams and work closely with Engineers to identify opportunities for design.
- Present quantitative information, findings and business recommendations to various levels of stakeholders through visual displays.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Google’s user-facing products.
At Google, they don’t just accept difference—they celebrate it, they support it, and they thrive on it for the benefit of their employees, their products and their community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. They are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. They also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let them know by completing this form.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1