The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Group, they’re smack in the middle of it. They build the tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trip, through Personalization, Customer Experience AI and Relevance algorithms. They offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an upbeat, reciprocal, and international work environment! They are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving, and collaboration.
They have 3 open roles at the same level, please find below a short description of the teams :
2 roles – “ They build the tools and technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trip, through Personalization, Recommendations, Customer Experience AI and Relevance algorithms “
1 role – “ Harnessing data science and machine learning to acquire, enrich, and understand all travel-related content including images, reviews, user-generated content, and more for the benefit of their customers and partners. ”
What You Will Do
- Build groundbreaking machine learning models that impact the business from prototyping and all the way to production
- Contribute to our partnership with Platform, Product, Data, and Technology teams to identify solutions for Data Science problems
- Communicate the rationale and narrative of your approach to peers.
- Contributing to their data and ML infrastructure to help the whole team work more effectively
- Looking for a role with diverse growth opportunities and having fun while at it.
- Be enthusiastic in collaborating, developing relationships within the company, and finding new business applications of data science.
Who You Are
- MSc ( with 1-3 years of experience ) or Ph.D. degree ( with an internship ) in machine learning, or computer science/statistics/ Physics with strong machine learning component;
- Knowledge of Python/Scala programming language and good programming practices, ideally able to write readable, fast, object-oriented code;
- Good knowledge in machine learning (supervised and unsupervised): framing business problems as machine learning problems, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimizing models;
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Scikit-learn, Spark ML, excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable;
- Understanding of distributed data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, and standard relational database structures along with query languages (SQL); experience in the Cloud a plus;
- Experience working in a commercial environment with the ability to work collaboratively, as well as to handle workflow in accordance with project timelines is required;
- Good communication skills to technical audiences, able to explain complex topics in simple terms, adapting communication technical depth to the audience;
- Strong business/commercial sense to combine with analytics to help drive recommendations; ability to demonstrate an understanding of the commercial impact of their activities;
- Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and A/B tests.
Why Join Them
Expedia Group recognizes its success is dependent on the success of its people. They are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in their business. Their brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires them to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group they act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. They relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. They act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. They value diversity and voices of all volumes. They are a global organization but keep their feet on the ground, so they can act fast and stay simple. Their teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through their corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1