Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, they can help people build stronger communities – they’re just getting started.
The Instagram Well-Being organization is working on ensuring that Instagram is a positive force in people’s lives, the most important job they have over the next few years at Instagram. They want to make sure that people feel safe and supported when connecting with the people and things they love, and that people feel the freedom to express themselves on the platform. A core part of delivering on that is making sure that people are safe from harm when they use Instagram, feel supported by Instagram when they need it and are enabled to support each other and their communities. This includes ensuring that people are not exposed to harmful content or accounts, user interactions on the platform are safe, user accounts and data are secure and that civic expression on Instagram is authentic and safe from foreign interference. To do this, we build large-scale complex systems, state-of-the-art Machine Learning, and operate an infrastructure to enable detection, classification, and remediation of content, behaviors, and bad actors that contribute to bad experiences for their community. At the heart of the Instagram, Well-being organization is the data science team whose empirical studies and rigorous analyses shape the direction of Well-being product development, striving to protect Instagram users and their data and enables seamless development of safe and supportive products. They’re looking for Data Scientists to support the Instagram Well-being Foundation team, which focuses on solving user problems through improved risk assessment and classification of complex entities, discoverability, transparency, and recommend ability as well as building the best tooling and platform solutions to keep users safe and supported. They are looking for hands-on problem solvers with strong communication skills and the ability to influence and drive outcomes. You will work in close partnership with a top-notch group of researchers and data scientists across Facebook, Inc. to translate user research and guidance from technical experts into data-driven product strategies. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your strategic thinking and ideas turned into real products on a regular basis. You should be flexible and comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment. Additionally, they’re looking for individuals who are truly passionate and have demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategies that address behavioral and contextual user needs.
- Drive strategic organization-wide data science initiatives and serve as tech lead on critical data science projects within the Well-being’s Foundations pillar.
- Be a strategic partner for Well-being in identifying high impact analytical problems and find innovative ways to tackle these problems via data analysis, experimentation, and statistical modeling.
- Evolve their measurement strategy by identifying novel metrics and measurement approaches to guide product strategy, goals, and experiments.
- Provide technical and product mentorship to members of Well-being data science to ensure continual up-leveling of their expertise.
- Drive or partner to execute on high-priority learning/measurement initiatives for Well-being, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Establish strong trusted relationships with the data science and product communities of Instagram and Facebook.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or Ph.D. with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role.
- Experience leading and personally executing cross-functional data science projects with measurable organizational and product impact.
- Demonstrated an extensive track record of great judgment in balancing practical business needs and scientific rigor.
- Programming skills: Expert knowledge of SQL, Python, R.
- Communication skills and experience connecting with and influencing a broad spectrum of audiences.
- Practical, hands-on experience with a wide variety of statistical inference and modeling methods, specifically around A/B experiments and their design, missing data, survey sampling, and/or panel data.
- 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Experience mitigating integrity issues and improving users’ Well-being on online social platforms
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. They also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in its recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1