They are currently seeking an experienced individual to join a team in Data Scientist / Lead Analyst – Financial DNA (RBWM)
RBWM Data and Analytics CoE is a Global organization that specializes in providing state of art analytics and solutions to the RBWM business. The function supports Product, Channel, Pricing, Digital and several other areas within RBWM. The department has more than 300 Machine Learning Users and are building this capability with several use cases.
The Lead Data Scientist will fill a critical role, reporting directly into the Financial DNA Product Owners and will be responsible for working on one of the key initiatives within the bank – organizing, enriching and classifying transactional data to enhance their understanding of their customer behaviour. Working within the Financial DNA team the candidate will take a leading role in building, deploying and scaling a suite of machine learning models to power multiple capabilities across the organization. This role will be high visibility across the organization and will involve thought leadership and the mentoring and development of junior squad members.
The Data Science job is accountable for generating scientific and statistically valid insights into areas such as customer behaviors, market behaviours and transactions in order to identify opportunities to create business value. Data scientists will be conversant in and will deploy techniques such as correlation tests, hypothesis tests, machine learning, cluster analysis, data mining and visualization to automate processing raw data into valuable insights.
In This Role, You Will
- Deliver value for Financial DNA through expert knowledge of data science techniques, methods, and tools.
- Carry out statistical tests to detect correlations and causality on large and complex data sets.
- Develop, test and maintain mathematical models and predictive models for use by internal stakeholders and data analytic teams.
- Develop programs that automate data collection, assimilation, aggregation, and visualization.
- Understand business workings and processes so as to determine the best manner in which data can be used to provide insights.
- Produce actionable metrics from automating data collection, assimilation, aggregation and visualization from multiple data sources including big data.
- Analyze data from internal and external systems to develop enhanced business value and enhanced predictive capability.
- Provide consultancy for all stages of the Data Quality Lifecycle, from an execution and assessment perspective, by applying specialist knowledge.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience primarily in analytics in retail, travel or banking/finance.
- Experience working in large and complex organizations such as Amazon, Google, Expedia, Tesco, etc. in a Retail/Operational space
- A relevant first numerate degree in either mathematics, statistics, computer science (or equivalent quantitative area) or business, media, communications with a quantitative background.
- Subject Matter expertise in OCR, NLP, and such advanced analytics techniques
- Proven experience in using advanced analytics and machine learning to solve large complex problems
- Good working knowledge of analytics tools – Python/R/SAS/SPSS/STATA
- Technical ability in machine learning libraries and packages (For example SciKit Learn/TensorFlow/XGBoost)
- Proven ability to drive rapid insights from available data to drive the business forward
- Experience working in agile environments and use of appropriate tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Skills & Abilities
- Subject matter expertise in advanced analytics and machine learning
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to create business insights from rapid analysis of complex data
- Highly numerate and financially literate
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to operate effectively in a complex matrix driven environment
- Innovative – the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Good team player, highly collaborative
- Good levels of energy, enthusiasm and resilience / self-motivation.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. They take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working, and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1