Want to work on social issues? Excited about solving new problems at an unheard-of scale? The Legal Technology Solution Data Science team in Facebook’s Legal organization is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who can apply their expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how Facebook users interact with their consumer and business products. The ideal candidate will work across areas of Counter-Terrorism, Child Safety, Organized Crime, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Corruption, and Ethics & Compliance to keep their platform safe. Facebook welcomes applications from the widest range of individuals eligible to apply and particularly encourages applications from those who would increase the diversity of the company.
- Mine massive amounts of data and perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights.
- Develop data pipelines with automated, machine-learning systems that convert noisy core datasets into powerful signals of user behavior.
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems.
- Partner with Integrity ML engineers, Research Scientists, and Engineers to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Design and implement dashboards and reports that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute their product decisions and product launches by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups.
- Large scale data processing using distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, or MPI)
- Statistical analysis using R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
- Developing in scripting language: PHP or Python
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Solid programming experience, preferably Python
- Experience using ML techniques
- Experience with algorithm evaluation and determination of success criteria
- Experience in using quantitative analysis techniques: clustering, regression, pattern recognition, or descriptive and inferential statistics
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1