They’re looking for a motivated data scientist and data wrangler to help them capitalize on a variety of key data-centric product opportunities within the lodging business. At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues? bit.ly/2q6U8dq
You might be a great fit for their team if you’re a self-starter who thrives on uncertainty, and who’s passionate about exploring the intersection of real business problems with huge (and often messy) data sets, and finding effective ways to simplify and focus on practical opportunities to deliver value to their customers. To succeed at Hopper you need the talent, drive, and experience to thrive in a high-performing company.
They collect and archive pricing data for hotels and homes pricing from a dozen providers; rich metadata at the property, room, and user-level; as well as sourcing geographic data about the property and related contexts like airports, points of interest, neighborhoods, and political boundaries.
Specific challenges include measuring and predicting specific hotel sales performance to drive dynamic pricing; improving their automated sort order; driving re-engagement via collaborative filtering; personalized recommendations based on observed customer behavior; and better leveraging geographic data in search, filtering, and recommendation.
In This Role, You Will
- Frame and conduct complex exploratory analyses needed to deepen their understanding of Hopper users
- Partner with product, engineering, and business teams to contribute to product improvements and initiatives
- Use machine learning and big data tools on large and complex data sets to enhance their data-driven, personalized travel advice
- Create advanced dashboards for product experiment tracking and business unit performance analysis using Amplitude, Tableau, and BigQuery/Google sheets.
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience.
a Perfect Candidate Has
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- A strong passion for and extensive experience in conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Experience in Pandas, R, SAS, or other tools appropriate for large scale data preparation and analysis
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools, and underlying algorithms
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, including geographical data
- Experience with business reporting tools such as Tableau, Amplitude
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux environments
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, a competitive salary, and stock options
- The dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1