TripAdvisor’s Machine Learning group works on machine learning problems and statistical analysis across several areas of the company. They take an entrepreneurial approach to their projects, identifying high-value opportunities and building solutions in a collaborative team environment.
They work on a diverse set of problems such as personalization, review fraud detection, search/navigation, machine vision, TV analytics, automated content curation, and customer relationship management (CRM). They use advanced techniques in natural language understanding, natural language processing (NLP), recommender systems, learn-to-rank models, statistical inference, social network analysis, and deep learning.
They are looking for experienced machine learning engineers and data scientists with a broad knowledge of machine learning techniques to design and implement machine learning solutions throughout the company.
You’ll be working with a multidisciplinary team of smart people including data scientists, developers, and product managers. You’ll have an amazing amount of data as raw material for your projects, including over 780 million collected reviews and opinions, 5 terabytes of log data per day, and 300,000 photos and videos per day. You will be testing your hypotheses and models online on our 455M monthly unique visitors. You must be comfortable communicating your approaches to project managers across the company.
- 3+ years of work experience
- A Bachelor’s and/or Masters in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Operations Research or a similar field.
- A passion for solving real-world problems with machine learning
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience solving problems in some of the following areas: natural language, machine vision, collaborative filtering, clustering, classification, regression, information retrieval, and statistical modeling.
- Experience with ML tools such as R, Python scikit-learn, Keras, or Tensorflow
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Redshift, Spark or other big data tools is a plus
- Proficiency in a low-level programming language such as Java or C++
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures and complexity
Some Great Benefits And Perks
- Free shuttle service to the HQ
- On-site training and classes
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks every day
- Pub and game room onsite with 7 beer taps & wine.
- Free health coverage for singles
- Generous vacation time & Summer Fridays
- Excellent tuition reimbursement
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1