Imagine working in an environment where one experiment can catapult an entire industry toward a smarter future. That’s what they do — They’re a team of 5,000+ software engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how their customers shop and their enterprise operates.
Their Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help their customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, it’s the ultimate innovator’s playground.
Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
They’re hiring Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to join their Search teams in Hoboken, New Jersey.
In this role, you will dedicate yourself to the mission of helping millions of customers every day in finding the right products. They are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce. Whenever a user types in a query or browses through product categories on the web site, phone, or the iPad, their service goes to work. They mine billions of search queries and tens of millions of products to find the most relevant products for their customers. Team members take end-end responsibility in analyzing large amounts of data, creating complex models, improving their accuracy, and deploying these models to serve customers.
What you’ll be doing:
As part of this team, you’ll solve some of the most fascinating and impactful problems in machine learning, information retrieval, NLP, and computer vision. The algorithms you develop will champion customers need to express their intent and their goal to understand their preferences, implicitly or explicitly across devices and modalities (voice, text, image, etc.). You will develop and deploy machine-learned models, to engage and converse with their customers, and to understand their goals and expectations to enable them to make the right purchase decision.
Your work will be visible to millions of customers, and you will have a direct impact on the goals of the Fortune #1 enterprise. If you speak and think machine learning, then they want to talk to you. Join their team and be part of this exciting journey!
They’d love to hear from you if:
- You have earned a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field AND have at least 3 years of professional, postgrad experience.
- Your knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures is strong.
- Your Python (or Java) coding skills around building scalable, low latency web-services are strong, and you have experience working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (Hadoop, Spark).
- You have been extremely hands-on in building machine learning products, and you have a robust portfolio of ML projects with a significant impact on the bottom line.
- You are involved in the community, writing papers/blogs, speaking at conferences, etc.
This is that place where your passions meet the purpose.
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 275 million customers and members visit their more than 11,300 stores under 58 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide.
Since 1962 they’ve been dedicated to helping customers live better. While how they deliver on that promise evolves, why they do it stays the same. Today, they help accomplish this by engineering services across all Walmart properties (stores, app, online) that save them time and money — innovations like Online Grocery, InHome Delivery Grocery, in-store Pickup Towers, Free NextDay Delivery (without a membership fee), Scan & Go, and more.
A lot of their work is behind the scenes, but that doesn’t make it any less impactful. A core philosophy here is operating with an everyday low cost. They use technology to operate smarter so that they can deliver everyday low prices to customers. This includes:
- Platform – Using best-in-class public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Supply chain – Developing scalable, nimble, and flexible technology that powers our hundreds of distribution and fulfillment centers and provide their supply chain partners with the tools they need to deliver for their customers
- Merchant – Online and in-store search, pricing, catalog, content, inventory, replenishment, and fulfillment technology to provide the optimal experience for our merchants
Working at Walmart is outstanding. Learn more about their philosophy, benefits, and team at https://careers.walmart.com.
At Walmart, they believe they are best equipped to help their associates, customers, and the communities they serve to live better when they really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity — unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions — while being inclusive of all people.
Join their family and build a career you’re proud of.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1