Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. You will help them achieve this mission, and above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Support leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on their marketing and music industry facing efforts.
- Engineer novel data sets and features that shed new light on the dynamics of music listening.
- Define success measures and build tools that predict and track the performance of strategic projects.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field; advanced degree is desirable.
- 2+ years (5+ years for the senior role) of relevant experience analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Modeling and statistical knowledge is a strong preference. Feature engineering for machine learning models is a real plus.
- Experience with visualizations and dashboarding (e.g., Tableau or similar BI software) is a strong preference.
- Experience creating and scheduling datasets is highly valued. Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- A natural communicator who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them.
- Comfortable building and maintaining relationships with senior management, as well as team members around the world.
- Capable of tackling very loosely defined problems, and leading and owning a research agenda for long term analytics projects.
- Passionate about music and popular culture in general. Previous experience in music, media, entertainment, or tech industries is a plus.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1