The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to DS teams across the global organization. Their projects focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding-edge research and experimentation, common tool development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
If you are interested in making an impact on an entire culture at a Fortune 100 company, the ODS is the place for you!
As a centralized group, their project scope is vast. Possible projects include:
- Design new language models (NLP/NLU) to understand and build predictions or summaries from customer calls, claim notes, webchats, medical records, and beyond.
- Detect property hazards from aerial imagery, customer photos, geospatial data, etc. using computer vision (CV).
- Explore the advantages and limitations of privacy-preserving ML, to accelerate experimentation and better protect their customers’ data.
- Push the boundaries in fundamental experimentation to boost and augment small-sample or rare-event data, transfer learning, and similar techniques.
- Engage in theoretical research in collaboration with MIT, via Liberty’s investment in the MIT Quest for Intelligence, to shape the future of AI
- Work on cross-functional R&D teams, including ODS and business-unit data scientists/analysts, doing hands-on ML research in areas such as computer vision, natural language processing, interpretable ML, and privacy-preserving ML.
- Accelerate the deployment of reproducible ML models by helping the business set and apply current best practices, including the use of open-source software, container-based or serverless cloud platforms, and self-service operating models.
- Develop common DS/ML tools and infrastructure across the business.
- Set the standards for statistical testing and experimental design, as well as other quality standards such as testing coverage, code review, etc. for data science
Work with product owners and business units across Liberty to identify new opportunities where the ODS can accelerate research and development of DS and ML tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or any quantitative discipline with relevant work experience, required; advanced degree a definite plus.
- Extensive experience analyzing data and a broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and/or interpretable machine learning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in R or Python required.
- Possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high-quality work both independently and collaboratively.
They value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s their privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about their benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, they give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help them redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. They create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
They’re dedicated to doing the right thing for their employees, because they know that their fulfillment and success leads them to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1