Advance your Data Science career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
- not an active opening – applicants will be reviewed for individual openings in coming months*
A Data Scientist collaborates with business partners to develop predictive analytic solutions that enable data-driven strategic decision-making. Utilizes data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets, identify patterns in raw data, and develop models to predict the likelihood of a future outcome and/or to optimize business solutions.
This level reflects solid knowledge of predictive analytics techniques, while continuing to learn how to apply techniques to business issues.
- Researches and develops predictive analytic solutions.
- Mines large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions.
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, as part of building predictive models for business application.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enables the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customizes analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for smaller components of projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
Regularly engages with the data science community and participates in cross-functional working groups.
- Solid knowledge of predictive analytics techniques and statistical diagnostics of models. Advance knowledge of predictive toolset; expert resource for tool development.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely. Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and 0-2 professional experience, a Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 1-3 of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree(scientific field of study) and 3+ years of relevant experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1