The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. They seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that they can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening.
Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” They’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
They are seeking a Data Scientist to join their Product Insights team, focusing on Personalization. They have several roles open across different levels of seniority.
You will be solving complex data problems and delivering the insight that helps to define their understanding of music, audio and their listeners to develop how they personalize at Spotify. This role works closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientist, user researchers, data engineers, product teams and designers.
Your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio!
What You’ll Do
- Develop research questions and undertake data exploration to understand who their listeners are, how they get value out of Spotify, and where they can develop their product to bring greater value
- Work closely with the team including data engineering to build lasting solutions to their data modeling
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments
- Perform exploratory analyses to understand the performance of their machine learning systems
- Define, evaluate, dashboard and monitor key metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Mentor and coach other data scientists
- Work from their office in Boston
Who You Are
- You will have 2 to 5 years relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics:
- Coding skills (such as R, Python, or Scala)
- Experience with analytics & visualization tools (SQL, Tableau, ggplot/matplotlib or equivalent)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You have strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
They are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. They strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for their employees and a better product for their users and their creators. This is something they value deeply and they encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1