Datavant protects, connects, and delivers the world’s health data to power better decisions and advance human health. We are a data logistics company for healthcare whose products and solutions enable organizations to move and connect data securely. Datavant has a network of networks consisting of thousands of organizations, more than 70,000 hospitals and clinics, 70% of the 100 largest health systems, and an ecosystem of 500+ real-world data partners.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, remote-first team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We hire for three traits: we want people who are smart, nice, and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team, and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs.
Privacy Hub is seeking an enthusiastic and meticulous US-based data scientist to join our growing team, which interrogates and assesses client information in terms of the re-identification risk to patients. The primary responsibilities of the role are to process and analyze large health-related datasets, and contribute to the subsequent preparation of associated reports.
- Develop expertise in healthcare data privacy from a quantitative and regulatory perspective.
- Use programmatic tools to analyze data and explore hypotheses.
- Contribute to engineering workflows and product development that automate repeatable components of an analysis.
- Research emerging areas of patient privacy such as genomics data and the implications of new regulations.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent training and 2+ years of work experience as a data scientist or data engineer.
- Expertise with SQL and either Python (preferred) or R with strong coding skills and annotation protocols.
- Expertise in the manipulation, integration, processing and interrogation of large datasets.
- Developed skills in the application of scientific methods to practical problems through experimental design, exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing to reach robust conclusions.
- Strong understanding of statistical probability distributions, bias, error and power as well as sampling and resampling methods.
- Exceptional initiative and ability to independently problem solve, seek help when needed, and take ownership when navigating ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills, both in short and long form writing, and speaking.
- Well-developed time management skills and demonstrable experience of prioritizing work to meet tight deadlines for client deliverables.
Nice to have:
- An appreciation of the need for effective methods in data privacy and security, and an awareness of the relevant legislation.
- Experience with cloud services for storage and computing.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms.
- Detailed knowledge of one or more types of health information such as genomics or medical imaging.
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges for this position are developed with the support of benchmarks and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact. The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $135,000-$175,000.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be anonymous and used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. (We can only see aggregate responses, not individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not.) Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1