They’re looking for data scientists to work on their core and business products (Instagram, Ads, Messaging, Identity, Growth & Engagement, Mobile, Search, Privacy, Payments ) with a passion for Internet technology to help drive informed business decisions for Facebook. You will enjoy working with one of the strongest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. These positions are located in our London office.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with their core/business products
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support and execute their product decisions and product launches.
- The Data Scientist Analytics role has worked across the following four areas:
- Data Infrastructure
- Working in Hadoop and hive primarily, sometimes MySQL, Oracle, and Vertica
- Authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Product Operations
- Setting goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Product Leadership
- Influencing product teams through presentation of work
- Communicating of state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- Experience doing quantitative analysis.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or another technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages. Some development experience in at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience with a statistical package such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with an Internet-based company.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1