TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and their business – Viator – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organisation.
What they do in Product Analytics:
At Viator, the only thing they love more than travel is data. They slice it, dice it, and use it to empower the decision making. In fact, most would be surprised at just how many people in their office can write their own SQL queries.
The Experiences Analytics Team is seeking a Senior Analyst for Product Analytics who has the analytical and leadership skills as well as business experience to support numerous end users from an analytics and measurement perspective, driving out insight to influence valuable change, and is looking to join a fast-growing all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
At Viator they want to have experimentation and AB Testing at the heart of their decision making, ensuring that they understand user opportunities through data, and are testing solutions. So if you are currently working as a product analyst, data scientist, CRO analyst for a company with a developed experimentation approach, this could be the role for you.
What you’ll do:
Can you play a leading role in helping drive positive growth for the Viator ?
They are seeking a Data Scientist- Product Analyst , who has the analytical skills and business knowledge to support the product analytics and is looking to join a fast-growing world class team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights.
- Lead product analysis of the Viator, focused on developing the capability to translate data into actionable insights that will improve performance.
- Lead on experimentation and AB Testing for the product pod you work with, understanding user opportunities through data, forming hypothesis and running experiment analysis. All supported through the in house testing platform.
- Lead the evaluation of the tracking implementation, creating the right analytical approach, working with engineers to implement change.
- Provide timely insights and analytical support to different internal stakeholders to support effective business decision-making.
- Proactively seek out opportunities hidden in the company or industry data. Articulate your findings into suggested actions for the performance marketing and/or other teams.
- Identify key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting. Own and automate reporting tools.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to the fast-growing business as it evolves.
- Be the go to person for product insights, be closer to the data that anyone else in the company.
- Provide a vital link in the strategy – execution – analysis chain to ensure the company moves quickly and stays ahead.
- Be a leader within the team, ensuring the best approaches, coaching, developing junior members of the team, to deliver the highest standards and capability.
- Develop exceptional relationships with stakeholders and within the team to ensure all work streams and projects are delivered to the strategic needs and objectives.
- Understand strategic roadmaps and actively influence these driving actionable change.
- Create concepts, justify business cases analyse to improve customer engagement and value metrics
- Lead on the measurement of testing analysis to provide insights of true business impact, using deep dive to understand the results
What they are looking for?
- 5+ years in an analytical role with experience in an international matrix environment, ideally at a fast paced tech or e-commerce company, ideally in Product Analytics.
- Has worked on Experimentation, AB Testing, Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Statistical mindset with experience in testing methodology.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Top performer with a proven track record of success.
- A healthy passion for data and its ability to tell a story.
- Ability to turn large data sets into well articulated arguments for change.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- You live in Excel, a SQL client, Tableau and a few other useful tools of the data trade.
- Proactive not reactive, with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take in loose requirements, ask smart questions, and produce high quality actionable insights.
- Confident with learning new tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Ability to work at all levels including senior management; and across multiple functions/departments.
- A start-up mentality, roll your sleeves up and get things done.
- A mobile first approach with a keen eye for new acquisition opportunities.