Job Title: Data Scientist, Product Analytics
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 1 October 2019
Who We Are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, a suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer from bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best-loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organisational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
Product Analytics at Deliveroo
Working hand in hand with our product teams and Data Science leaders, you will spot unexplored opportunities, challenge status quo and present your findings to the broader leadership team.
You are an experienced, hands-on individual with both strong technical skills (SQL, Python / R and data visualisation tools such as Looker) and a business mindset.
You will be extracting, manipulating and analysing data in order to support strategic data-driven decisions to assess company’s growth, efficiency and profitability (that of our customer base, our restaurants or riders). You will design, support and analyse experiments to measure the impact of new services, communications or features and generate insights to inform product roadmaps.
You will develop both your business acumen and technical background through training and exposure to senior executives.
- Conduct analysis and build models that translate data into actionable insights.
- Challenge existing assumptions and spot opportunities to growth the customer base, make our operations more efficient, and impact our financial performance.
- Perform analysis and build models to inform prioritisation and planning of the product roadmap.
- Partner with PMs to ensure that product teams are rigorously data driven. Work closely with engineers, user researchers, designers, and other data scientists.
- Be creative and pragmatic in identifying and quantifying opportunities for big impact within your product area.
- Bring scientific rigor, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to design and analyze experiments that tell actionable stories with data.
- Self-starter, able to identify variables influencing business success and define models to forecast their evolution.
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Extended experience running experiments.
- Ability to communicate complex findings to key stakeholders in a simple way.
- Deep knowledge of SQL and another programming language such as Python or R.
- Experience with data visualisation.
- The sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving and quickly changing environment. You should jump for joy when people bring you new ideas or data, and love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change.
- BSc degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or any other highly quantitative field.
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture
- Experience with ETL and queries optimisation.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques.
- Experience with Git.
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Work at our new headquarters right by Cannon Street Station. The office has a prayer room, nap room, onsite gym, and a rooftop garden overlooking Tower Bridge. We hold firmwide meetings on our basketball court
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days – all made easy by our great use of tech including video conferencing, slack, workplace
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources
- Company benefits including: discounted private healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership, cycle parking)
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Regular team off-sites
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Every Friday we order lunch for everyone from restaurants on the Deliveroo platform
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
- Food & Beverages
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1