Pulse is looking for a Data Scientist to help them create an exciting new digital product that will change how small businesses operate.
You should be a Data Scientist with some experience, ideally gained in a consumer-technology setting. They’re looking for people with a passion for Data and a desire to learn and improve themselves while helping other people – both their users and their teammates!
You will support the Project Pulse Programme team and will be working primarily in London, reporting to the Lead Data Scientist.
You’re a data science expert, with a track record of bringing data to life in a mobile-first environment.
You are well versed in Data Science tools, techniques and algorithms. Comfortable in the worlds of math and technology, you should feel equally at home explaining how a piece of insight is useful to their Product team, or writing R or Python code and running it in AWS. You’ll work as part of Scrum teams in an agile framework, so it would be useful to have prior experience in that sort of setup.
In This Role, You Will
- Use knowledge of quantitative analysis, data mining & performance marketing, and the presentation of data to drive more efficient product development and marketing
- Build statistical and machine learning models and apply them to transaction data using open banking and cloud accounting to automate the forecasting, optimization, and protection of cashflow
- Build growth funnel focusing on metrics from Awareness through to revenue
- Set up and conduct online experiments to test hypotheses to optimize product development and prioritize marketing spend
- Conduct A/B testing throughout online presence
- Measure, monitor and analyze marketing campaigns for effectiveness against business priorities
- Thrive in an agile environment and build excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Share their passion for helping every small business succeed
- Demonstrable experience in analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and cloud technology, APIs and building IPs
- Ability to design and craft algorithms and solutions using statistics and machine learning, both “from the ground up” and by using best-of-breed platforms and tools.
- A passion for building, bringing to market, and scaling digital products and services in start-ups and/or larger companies
- Previous experience with transaction & financial data modeling and forecasting is preferrable
- Experience with cloud computing service providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- A doctorate or Masters in a mathematically literate subject is an advantage but not a prerequisite; we’ll consider applicants who can demonstrate deep understanding, regardless of where they gained it.
- Previous experience in Fintech and knowledge of banking and accounting would be beneficial but not essential
The base location for this role is WeWork Waterloo, York Road, London.
Pulse is owned and operated by HSBC UK Bank PLC
As a business operating in markets all around the world, they believe diversity brings benefits for their customers, business and people. This is why PULSE is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the workplace, you will have access to various employee resource groups that aim to promote and achieve a healthy work/life balance and support their diversity ambitions.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1