At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
The quantitative research team within Strategic Finance is looking for a data scientist with a strong desire to drive business impact. You will be using your broad array of technical skills and knowledge to drive insights that power key financial decisions. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on building an efficient transportation system.
Projects May Include
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to research, build & constantly improve a suite of machine learning models, time series forecasting models, and optimization frameworks that help Uber plan and invest intelligently with respect to their financial goals
- Leveraging data to develop analytical insights & presenting findings to senior management to strengthen business decisions
- Evangelizing models/frameworks and the insights they yield with stakeholders and business partners
- Working with engineers to productionize models/frameworks to run at scale
Requirements/What You’ll Need
- A degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Minimum BA/BS + 3 years of work experience or advanced degree
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scientific programming languages (R, python, e.g.)
- Excellent data ETL skills with Hive, Presto, Vertica, or similar database systems
- Strong background in developing scalable mathematical and statistical models and solving complex quantitative problems
- Ability to translate models and findings into stories for key stakeholders across a wide variety of audiences
- Team player. You recognize your teammates’ strengths are hungry to learn from them. You are similarly excited to share your knowledge and pitch in anywhere it is valuable.
- Hustle. This is not a research role – a scrappy, impact-focused attitude is a must. Done is better than perfect. Be ready and excited to learn on your feet and help build a growing business.
- Bonus points for experience with time series modeling, optimization, financial data
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1