Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. They’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and they’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
They are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Risk Strategy and Analytics team. You’ll build processes to root out high-risk activity across the Square platform of products. You will also manage top-level Risk KPIs, establish core operational metrics, and improve process improvements through analysis.
The Risk Data Scientist will lead experimentations to promote Risk effectiveness throughout Square. You will partner with engineering, finance, operations, and sales to influence Squares’ global Risk road map and processes.
- Diagnose problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to design solutions to operations problems, influence product roadmaps, and solution new products/processes
- Manage the development, reporting, and visualization of key performance indicators for the entire Risk organization
- Promote creative risk solutions through third-party evaluation and integration with a focus on improving the seller experience
- Develop executive presentations for Squares leadership and board members
- A BS/BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science, Computer Science, or a related technical field, OR BS/BA in Criminal Justice, Economics, Business, or a related business field
- 4+ years of relevant experience (or masters and 2+ years)
- Experience with SQL, Python, and Looker
- Experience driving data-driven solutions and project-managing their implementation
- Experience answering unstructured questions and managing projects and tasks to a conclusion
- A passion for Square’s mission
- Experience or interest in risk, trust, and safety, payments, or spam prevention
- Experience using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems
- Experience in consulting or program management
At Square, they value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. They will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing their website may contact them by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. They will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and they will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, they want you to be well and thrive. Their global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1