Location: Morgantown, WV
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Data Scientist to work with the Applied Research program on research and development program focused on population health and human performance. This position will assist the director of Human Performance to carry out research and development projects.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Work independently and/or with a research and development team.
- Carry out data analysis on large data sets, create visualizations, develop and validate predictive models
- Generate reports for research protocols associated with population health.
- Duties include data mining to select features in order to build and optimize classifiers using machine-learning techniques to be used for predictive models.
- Master’s degree in a statistics or computer science-related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with the following:
- Development of custom data models and algorithm on large data sets
- Data model validation and optimizing
- Development of machine-learning techniques
- Creating data visualizations
- Creating and working with data architectures
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts
- Use of statistical computer languages
- Creating and optimizing machine-learning algorithms and statistics.
- Use of data visualization tools
- Management of databases
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to create, annotate and maintain detailed records
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information in one-on-one settings in addition to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Timely and efficient in testing and deployment of statistical tools
- Information Technology & Services
- Higher Education
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1