At Lyft, community is who they are and it’s what they do. It’s what makes them different. To create the best ride for all, they start in their own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data is at the heart of how Lyft makes business and product decisions. As a Data Scientist on their Safety & Insurance team, you will collaborate with their Product, Design, Operations, and Engineering teams to make Lyft as safe as possible for their Drivers, Passengers, and the community. You’ll build a platform that puts safety front and center for Lyft by designing and running A/B tests on new safety features, working with their Product team to analyze and understand risk factors, and leading initiatives aimed at directly impacting Lyft’s long term profitability.
- Set business metrics that measure the health of their products, as well as passenger and driver experience
- Partner with product managers, engineers, marketers, designers, and operators to translate business insights into decisions and action
- Find opportunities for growth and efficiency for Lyft
- Design and analyze product experiments; communicate results and launch decisions
- Develop analytical frameworks to monitor business and product performance
Experience & Skills
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research or engineering. Advanced degrees are preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in a data science or analytics role
- Proficiency in SQL – able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Experience in programming, especially with data science and visualization libraries in Python or R
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1