- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining their strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
About The Role
They are seeking a Data Scientist with both Scala and Spark experience in past professional roles. You will need solid programming skills to build large-scale analytical solutions to business problems which will include leveraging high-performance databases for transformation and workflow processes.
A successful candidate will have experience with software development principles and statistical modelling techniques as well as adeptness in at least one statistical programming language, such as R or Python. It is also critical for them that you are interested, willing and able to learn new languages quickly.
Data Scientists at 1010data are curious, creative self-starters from diverse backgrounds. They are looking for colleagues who are passionate about understanding data to solve real world business problems.
What You Will Take On
- Trusted advisor on the implications of data for products, processes, and decisions.
- Analyze massive data sets from a variety of sources to gain unique industry insight
- Contribute to the creation of analytical products utilizing the most powerful data processing frameworks
- Bring to bear knowledge of common data science techniques and how they can be modified for 1010data’s unique needs
- Support sales, marketing and product teams as needed
What You Already Have
Education & Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working with one or more of the following: Scala, Python, R, Spark
- STEM Bachelor’s required, MS/PhD preferred; strong background in vector/matrix arithmetic a plus
- Experience in quantitative analysis (OR) relevant academic research experience building analytical products
- Experience with retail and credit card data or consumer shopping data a major plus
- Prior experience working with Spark in Scala and in AWS also a significant plus
- Understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL)
- Development of analytical systems in vectorized programming paradigms (e.g. Spark, R, Pandas, Matlab)
- Ability to design products given an understanding of the specifications and market requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamentals of mathematics (linear algebra), large data sets, distributed systems and statistical concepts (statistical distributions, bias)
- Critical thinking when designing large scale analytical and automation systems
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate
- Ability to understand projects at a high level without losing sight of granular details when managing projects
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; they power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. Come be a part of it. Come do powerful things with data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; the 1010data platform is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
With more than 30 trillion rows of data in their private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
1010data is an equal opportunity employer. They embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1