As a Data Scientist on the team, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of the world of music and podcast listeners. Together with them you will study user behavior, evaluate strategic initiatives, and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
They are looking for a Data Scientist to help us in some of the following areas:
- How can they drive a better Free user experience? How do users interact with advertising through voice-activated channels?
- How do they build innovative ad formats across multiple platforms that serve advertiser needs while improving the listening experience?
- How do they accurately measure the impact & effectiveness of advertisements/promotions
- How do they reliably scale their podcast monetization strategy on Spotify, ensuring listener, advertiser, and creator satisfaction?
- How do they build the future of podcast advertising, so that users can interact with ads seamlessly, and creators can monetize their work easily?
- How do we seamlessly integrate ad content with podcast content?
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of how product, platforms & promotions influence user behavior
- Mentor and coach other data scientists
- Work from their offices in New York
Who You Are
- You know how to understand and solve loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 2+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau), and experience performing analysis with large datasets you possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing, etc)
- It is a plus if you …have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modeling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
- Worked in an analytics role within an advertising function
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in their business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1