Spotify for Artists is the destination for artists and their teams to understand their fans and reach their goals. They give artists the insights and tools they need to connect with their fans and establish a meaningful career on their own terms.
The Music Product Insights Team is a growing insights community of 30+ Data Scientists and User Researchers who blend their skills to help craft the next generation of music industry products, bringing insights into every decision we make.
They are looking for a data scientist with experience working in a product development team, testing new product concepts with users at various stages of the product development cycle, thinking creatively about experimentation, and leveraging statistical modeling to generate insights from large-scale datasets. You will join one of the product teams within Spotify for Artists and help inform the way we build our platform to allow artists and their teams to achieve success on Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior by extracting insights from rich datasets to drive the Spotify for Artists roadmap.
- Identify the most impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs, and execute on them diligently and resourcefully, sequencing hypotheses to ladder up to broader business goals.
- Partner closely with the other data scientists, user researchers, and data engineers to help inform, build and test hypotheses to deliver actionable insights that fuel the product development.
- Define the metrics they use to measure the health of initiatives and track them through dashboards
- Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about the product performance and product experience available to the whole organization.
Who you are:
- You have proven experience as a Data Scientist using experimentation methods and advanced statistical modeling to drive product development.
- You have experience with product analytics, including crafting success metrics, ensuring strong instrumentation, deeply understanding user behaviors, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- You are capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science experience to influence real world product or feature decisions.
- You are proficient in Python and SQL
Where you’ll be:
- Spotify is a distributed workforce enabling their band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours. Working hours?
- They operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that their teammates are comfortable working within the hours of that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! Spotify has plenty of options for your working preferences.
At Spotify, they strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for the employees and a better product for the users and the creators. This is something they value deeply andencourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1