- Job Family: Data Science
- Type: Full time
- Date Posted:Mar 29, 2023
- Req #: JR60700
- National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint, National +50 Miles away from nearest PulsePoint
Data Scientist Sr.Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.Responsible for the development and implementation of predictive modeling algorithms and techniques to solve more complex business problems and optimize member experiences.How you will make an impact
Primary Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Design and lead predictive modeling projects to address more complex business problems determined by consultation with business partners.
- Piping and processing massive data-streams in distributed computing environments such as Hadoop to facilitate analysis.
- Recommends appropriate batch and real-time model scoring to drive actions.
- Provides oversight in development of proprietary algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions.
- Develop advanced visualization of analysis output for business users.
- Publish results and address constraints/limitations with business partners.
- Provides actionable insights to output produced to ensure established targets are met.
- Determines the continuous improvement opportunities of current predictive modeling algorithms.
- Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to enable the identification of patterns related to quality, use, cost and other variables.
- Lead and mentor Data Scientist.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Physics, Biostatistics or related Quantitative disciplines and 5 or more years experience in predictive analytics or equivalent. Must have advanced expertise with software such as Python, R, SAS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalent, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Experience leading end-to-end data science project implementation. Experience managing a small team either through formal or informal reporting relationship is preferred. PhD and experience in the healthcare sector preferred.For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is:
- Zone 0: $116,000 – $145,000
- Zone 1: $111,000 – $139,000
- Zone 2: $106,000 – $133,000
- Zone 3: $101,000 – $127,000
- Zone 4: $96,000 – $121,000
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NYIn addition to your salary,
Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company.
The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
- The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.Be part of an Extraordinary TeamElevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change.
Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.EEO is the LawEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / VeteranPlease use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
- EEO Policy Statement
- Know Your Rights
- Pay Transparency
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1