At Visa, they believe that they need to change the way they buy and do business to create patterns of consumption that are sustainable, considering not just the GHG emissions but the whole planet.
They believe that all actors in the system increasingly want to participate in this transition, and that consumers will change their consumption patterns when they become aware of their impact and options, even showing willingness to pay for it.
There is a strong belief that those who get it right will be rewarded, and that Visa can play an invaluable role as the network of networks for the clients and partners in offering sustainable solutions.
There is increasing demand for the data for sustainability – carbon footprint calculation, scoring and data enrichment are some of the areas where there is increasing interest from consumers, merchants, banks and governments, but they need help to navigate this emerging world – clients often don’t know what their impact is, or how to modify it.
Visa is seeking a banking and payments professional with experience in data science and a passion for sustainability, to join the Sustainability Solutions team. The successful candidate will work directly with the Sustainable Data & Modelling lead, supporting with managing and shaping the function, working with clients to understand their needs, and devising the roadmap and requirements of data for sustainability – driving for the overall objective of a Visa powered, global sustainability score and insights for the market.
- Support the strategy and vision of data for sustainability, feeding into the design, development and implementation of data driven strategies and solutions to support Visa’s clients in offering valuable scoring algorithms, for carbon, GHG and beyond
- Provide input to the creation of rich, compelling, easy to understand sustainability data products, that leverage and integrate diverse data sets (VisaNet, carbon emissions, product disclosures, ESG, movement)
- Contribute to innovative and scalable data solutions to serve customer needs, even where data is imperfect or challenging to obtain – supporting the development of an iterative data model that ingests and evaluates data as a process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across internal Visa areas – including but not limited to: Products, Business Solutions, Data Science, Consulting & Analytics and other government and merchants teams
- Play a key role in a cross-functional matrix, leveraging existing sources & initiatives, internal & external expertise, and Visa & third party products to create the best in class models to power products
- Direct interactions with clients across the payment landscape / government, and Account Executives to understand client needs and develop value propositions
- 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or PhD
- Awareness of and passion towards sustainability
- Knowledge and experience of the payments and/or banking industry
- Solid data science skills (SQL(Hive/Spark), Python, Statistics) with experience of handling very large amount of data
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, effective decision making and a passion for driving innovation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing and interpreting market research, and providing key input to enable decisive action for success
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1