Advertising Start Date: 22/10/19 Advertising End Date:21/11/19 Salary: Competitive Market Rate We are looking for a talented and creative Data Scientist Technical Lead who is interested in pushing the boundaries of online games analytics, with a proven ability to apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, practically in order to generate business value.
Your role within our Kingdom
The London Business Performance Unit is part of King London Studio, home to our live games – Farm Heroes Saga and Farm Heroes Super Saga as well as our new games in production, supporting King’s network of hundreds of millions of players. We are focused on building games that our players love. Reporting to the Business Performance Director of the London Business Performance Unit, you will lead a team of 4-6 Data Scientists of various tenure and Data Science Team Leads. You will be part of a community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts across King. What you’ll do:
- Analyse our games per business needs
- Continuously develop your team’s skillset through the Data Science Team Lead, trainings, coaching, peer reviews and other means as you see fit
- Proactively develop and define new analyses, experiments, data-driven tools, methodologies and best practices to advance data science methods within the team in order to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of our games
- Lead recruitment and onboarding of Data Scientists
- Identify and oversee or handle data and technical issues and projects
- Keeping up to date with industry and DS best practices, methodologies and evangelising with the team as relevant
- Identify analysis that should be prioritised and work with stakeholders to prioritise it
- Be part of King DS leadership forum, evangelise the team and connect the team to the wider DS community in King
- Define the tech strategy including automation, tools preference, coding best practices, reusability and transferability
- Support other London BPU team members from technical and methodology perspective
Skills To Create Thrills
You have a passion for quantitative analysis and will have the ability to draw business insights which will add real value to King. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and will have worked in a fast paced and collaborative environment. This role will involve working with teams and individuals within the studio and across King – such as Game Developers, Designers and Business Performance Managers, so excellent communication skills are essential. Our ideal candidate will have solid experience leading an analytical team in a commercial environment. Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and opportunities from a player and a business perspective, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions Leadership: The ability to mentor, guide and inspire Data Scientists and drive best practices SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players, and work effectively with big data technologies, e.g. BigQuery, Hadoop etc.. Analytical coding: Using tools such as R, Python (and also Excel) for analytical purposes Stats: Understanding the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances. Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
Specific experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes: experience in the games industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses; experience in behavioural psychology/economics; robust understanding of more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations; experience in predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas; experience in experimental design; software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently); skills with standard reporting tools such as QlikView/Tableau/etc.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it’s no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
- Computer Games
- Computer Software
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1