- University degree; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in data science or a related discipline, e.g. applied statistics, mathematics, natural or social science research, computer science
- Advanced skills in machine learning programming and analytics (preferably Python), with a clear commitment to rapid development, quality, and accuracy
- Theoretical understanding of, and experience applying NLP (Natural Language Processing) methods such as text embedding, summarization, and topic modeling, statistical methods such as factor analysis and logistic regression, and advanced machine learning methods such as boosted trees and deep neural networks
- Track record of selecting appropriate techniques to real-world data sets
- Experience in knowledge management, e.g. search engine algorithms, asset tagging, a knowledge base with named entities, knowledge graphs, etc., is a big plus
- Proficiency in SQL, including retrieving data from relational databases
- Understanding of software development principles, such as good coding practices, version control (Git), test-driven development, containerization, deployment
- Comfortable explaining principles and common problems to audiences without a technical background
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers and engage in a stakeholder discussion
- Ability to handle and manage confidential information
- Proactive self-starter with outstanding personal productivity skills
- Passion for applying sophisticated analytics to solve complex business problems
Who You’ll Work With
You will be based in Waltham, MA and be a member of the Product Insights team. You will work closely with various product squads and department leaders to develop advanced analytic algorithms for their products.
Product Insights are a team of data scientists who collect and analyze a wide variety of Technology & Digital (T&D) data – usage statistics, web analytics, surveys, knowledge search behavior, internal knowledge assets, support tickets, learning, etc. which are spread across different systems at various levels of maturity. You will tap into them to create intelligence for their products and services using advanced methods.
The T&D organization enables the firm’s productivity by developing and maintaining a wide range of technical and digital solutions for use by firm members as well as external audiences such as recruits, alumni, and potential clients.
What You’ll Do
You will develop state-of-the-art machine learning and optimization algorithms to power their products and services.
In this role, you will collaborate with squads (developers, designers, and product owners) to understand user needs and build and deploy algorithms for both structured and unstructured data. You may work on a system that automatically assigns the best people to a project based on their skills and preferences, or improve search engine logic to take into consideration the person’s profile or apply NLP techniques to automatically classify large document collections, or help develop a system to route information requests to the right domain expert team.
You will identify and prioritize opportunities for product development and suggest how to address these opportunities. You will also conduct ad hoc analyses to support product-related efforts including prioritization, user research, design, and internal marketing, etc.
Lastly, you will foster an analytics culture within the T&D organization and propagate a deeper understanding of their users by everything you do.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1