Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. They connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. They have over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea, and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
They’re fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.
They are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to build models and dashboards to monitor transactions and ensure compliance.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling transaction monitoring through automation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop dashboards for transaction monitoring
- Create recurring data reports and maintain the integrity of the reports
- Design, development, and evaluation of highly innovative models for transaction monitoring
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation, and model implementation
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Help stakeholders and end-users to best leverage the monitoring system
- Develop solutions to optimize transaction monitoring operations
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or similar)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 2+ years Python, R, or Matlab experience
- 2+ years of work experience including business analytics and project management
- 2+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries in a business environment
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau, OBIEE, or other visualization tools
- 2+ years of experience operating in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience in e-commerce, on-line, or payments companies in transaction monitoring functions, especially anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CTF) transaction monitoring
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
- Hands-on risk and fraud experience strongly preferred
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. They provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. They do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1