Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities, and plan for what matters most. Their mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest is seeking a data scientist who’s interested in tackling very challenging adversarial problems and passionate about protecting their 300M+ users from spam and abusive content. The ideal candidate will have industry experience in developing detection systems and/or designing anti-abuse measures and algorithms. You’ll apply quantitative analysis, modeling, and data mining to improve their pinners’ and partners’ experience.
What You’ll Do
- Perform deep-dive analysis to understand a variety of abuse vectors and optimize the key levers of their current detection mechanism
- Design anti-abuse measures that serve as the North Stars for team efforts
- Research, develop and evaluate ML models to detect bad actors, content or behaviors in their platform
- Work with product managers and engineers to design data products and run and analyze A/B experiments
What They’re Looking For
- 6+ years of industry experience with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- Expert in at least one scripting language (Python/R)
- Proficient in SQL/Hive
- Proven ability to perform rigorous data analysis and translate the results into business recommendations.
- You are knowledgeable in one or more of the following: machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, social network analysis or computer vision
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1