They seek an outstanding Data Scientist to join their Markets Research team in London. This individual will be responsible for partnering with local business operations teams to drive strategic decision-making across the globe. You will study user behavior, market dynamics, and content strategies, providing data and insights that will influence strategic direction. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing a strong technical background of his/her own, the ideal candidate will be a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to non-technical stakeholders all over the world. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many departments, as well as senior management, at Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Productise day-to-day analytics and insights support for Spotify’s Markets Operations team.
- Develop a robust body of knowledge around each of Spotify’s key markets to proactively address business questions and drive strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are responsible for driving results in local markets.
- Support Market leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably at least one company with a matrix organizational structure.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL, Python and/or R. Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- Familiarity with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark is a plus.
- The ability to converse in two or more languages is a plus.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced work environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace. The more voices they have represented and amplified in business, the more they will all thrive, contribute and be brilliant. So bring them your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in their differences that they will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Their mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything they do is driven by love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1