Please send resume not just Linkedin Profile, thank you.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
This position will play a key role in the development and deployment of an innovative Big Data Platform for vehicle data processing and advanced analytics. As a Senior Data Engineer on the team, you’ll get to define and build the data pipelines that combine vehicle data and third-party content and will enable better, faster, data-informed decision-making. As part of a larger global interdisciplinary team, you will also make strategic decisions that influence the platform and data warehouse architecture.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative group of engineers creating the next generation big data platform that will be accessed and used by hundreds of people across domains within Mercedes-Benz.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Architect and implement the workflows with varying demands of throughput and latency
- Support with the implementation of web services and data focused REST-APIs
- Build and optimize the data pipelines that combine new vehicle data and third-party content
- Define and implement data stores based on customer requirements and system requirements
- Evaluate performance and take steps to optimize all parts of the big data stack and implementatio
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience (Bachelors + 2 yrs / Masters + 0 yrs)
- Experience in one or more major programming languages (e.g. Unix shell scripting, Python, Java, Go, etc.)
- Experience in building containerized backend applications and automated deployments.
- Experience working with low latency, high performance stream processing systems.
- Strong expertise with SQL engines and large scale query processing.
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot or Spark is a plus.
- Experienced with test-driven development based on Mockito, Maven, Gradle & Junit
- Familiarity with container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Their benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement program
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1