Data Warehouse Engineer – 33943
Technology and Engineering – USA Chicago, Illinois
Nielsen is looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join the Answers On Demand (AOD) team. As a part of the AOD team you will be an integral part of a high energy team that is revolutionizing the way that Nielsen delivers value to both its customers and to Nielsen.
This position is responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting highly complex application software. These software applications must be independently developed and maintained ensuring high-quality standards with minimal defects. The ideal candidate will follow IT standard processes for securing application and components to ensure data and application integrity in our Answers™ On-Demand environment. Answer is a Data warehouse modeler, Data Marts that empowers users to gain market insights, share information, and take action to drive profitable results.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience with 3+ years in Data Warehouse development.
- Minimum 2+ Years of experience in Data Warehousing in order to build large data set, data warehouses.
- Expert in Dimensional models, slowly changing dimensions (SCD) and STAR Schema and SNOWFLAKE schema data models skills.
- Experience in dandling all File formats (.txt,.CSV, XML’s)
- Minimum Experience in Data Warehousing tool like (Datastage, Informatica…)
- Object Oriented Programming experience.
- Experience with OLTP, OLAP databases (preferred Snowflake, Netezza).
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Jira.
- Coding Experience UNIX – shell scripting, Python, code deployment and management.
- Good knowledge in SQL, and a good understanding of PL/SQL.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills coding problems.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, across project teams, and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice To Have
- Experience in Core Java
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform, Snowflake, Blob, Airflow
- Experience with Cloud native, data warehousing
- Eager to learn and driven
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago , Illinois
Secondary Locations: , , ,
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Business Development
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1