At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world’s best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it’s on us, the Realtime Data Platform (RDP) team, to help bring the real time data requirements of these products to life.
We are a small team with a large impact. Together, we are building a streaming data ingestion system that allows downstream consumers to browser and receive data from a variety of sources, both internal and external. And we are looking for senior level talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As a DevOps Engineer for RDP, you’ll be embedded on a feature team applying your development expertise to automate and provision infrastructure for our streaming data platform. Experience with streaming systems like Kinesis or Kafka is a plus. Proven knowledge of Terraform or similar tool is a must. Opinions on observability are welcome.
Utilizing your experiences provisioning and monitoring infrastructure, you will play a key contributor role in all phases of the software development lifecycle. You will be a team member on an Agile team, building applications and services using multiple technologies. You’ll collaborate with other software engineers, architects, and product owners to create solid solutions that support Nike’s aggressive growth in the area of data. Using tools to have complete operational control of the service environments is the essence of this position. We expect you to have strong opinions, loosely held.
- 5+ years professional engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience properly automating and provisioning infrastructure
- A proven history of practicing “infrastructure as code”
- Demonstrable knowledge of Terraform or similar tool
- Working knowledge of the Amazon Web Services stack including, but not limited to, networking, scaling groups, and CloudFormation
- An advocate for proper Continuous Integration/Deployment setup
- Experience working in an Agile team including Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Development experience with JVM technologies
- Experience with streaming systems
- Experience working with relational or NoSQL data stores including Hive, HBase, Dynamo
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1