Devops Engineer – 45145
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
About This Job
Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and they couldn’t do it without their engineers.
In Nielsen Media, they are the market leader that drives content ratings across virtually all viewing platforms including local and national TV, streaming, digital advertising, and more. This role is in the Media Platform team, where they heavily leverage open source software and cloud technologies to build a single central platform for managing compute, storage, the Media Data Lake (multi PB), ingestion pipeline, orchestration, data science tooling, and more.
- Develop and enrich our platform by leveraging open source software.
- Learn the internals of open source projects and augment them to better fit their scalability, reliability, functional, and security needs (e.g. Presto, Airflow, Hive, Jupyter, etc).
- Be a champion for proper DevOps practices including automation, containerization, monitoring, and data security.
- Drive better cost management through efficient utilization of compute and storage resources.
a Little Bit About You
You have a genuine passion for coding and absolutely love learning new technologies. You don’t just want to blindly use platforms and libraries; instead you have a desire to tear them apart and figure out how they work inside. You love scaling and optimizing and seeing just how far or how fast your projects can go. You see all of the building blocks in the community as legos and want to use them to build innovative new solutions at a faster pace than ever.
- 2+ years of software development.
- The training to back your work: a masters degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as they recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience.
- Computer science fundamentals – algorithms and data structures.
- Personal Plusses – contribution to open source projects, active tech blogging, speaking engagements, pet projects
- Technical Plusses – knowledge of big data systems (e.g. Spark, Presto, HDFS), orchestration (e.g. Airflow), containerization (e.g. docker, kubernetes), databases/SQL.
They’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, they’re measuring it. They sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for their clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
They like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find them at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, they work with them all. They’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with them at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. They are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1