If you are an experienced Data Scientist with a passion for building Machine Learning/AI enabled products and services that help make lives better, a career in Data Science at Fidelity Center for Applied Technologies may be right for you.
Be part of a cross-functional FCAT team working to conceptualize, create, test and deploy innovative AI models and capabilities across several business units in Fidelity. Key AI methods and patterns include statistical analysis, machine learning, natural language processing, natural language generation, deep learning, predictive modeling, experimental design and outcome optimization.
As the innovation engine for Fidelity Investments, they prototype and pilot new businesses and capabilities that continue to distinguish their brand as the best customer experience in the financial services industry. They combine the fast pace of a startup environment with the stability and growth potential of one of the largest companies in the financial services industry. See what they’re up to at FidelityLabs.com
This position will be located full time in Boston, MA
The Expertise You Have
- Master’s degree in a numerate field (statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, economics etc.)
- At least 4 years of post-degree experience in an applied data science role, or PhD with at least 2 years of work experience (includes Post-Doc)
The Skills You Bring
- Hardworking to work with Design and Product to truly understand the user/business need in order to develop disruptive products that can be coordinated
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R etc., with expert proficiency in at least one.
- Expert experience with Deep Learning toolkits
- Experience with Bayesian Statistics
- Proficiency in using SQL, Hadoop/Spark for data extraction and analysis
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, DOE etc.
The Value You Deliver
They are developing a Data Science proficiency within Fidelity Center for Applied Technologies to help understand, develop and test the data enabled products and services of Fidelity’s future. As such they are seeking Data Scientists that are excited by the opportunity and comfortable with the productive ambiguity that new product/service development entails.
You will apply your machine learning and cognitive computing skills to vast and varied data sets on one of the industry’s leading developmental networks. The role will be a core member of an AI/ML focused incubator team consisting of Product, Design Thinking, Engineering and System Architecture professionals, all focused on developing products and services to improve investment outcomes and enrich the customer experience.
As part of this practice, they are continuing to build industry leading entrepreneurship capabilities to systemically and repeatedly create new businesses beyond their core. Using Lean Start Up, Design Thinking and Agile methodologies, they rapidly move ideas from concept to scale. They have a number of ventures at different stages in the pipeline and are looking for Data Science talent to drive these ventures forward.
At Fidelity, they are focused on makingour financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people livethe lives they want. They are a privately held company that places a high degreeof value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the besttalent and reflects their commitment to their associates. They are proud of their diverse and inclusive workplace wherewe respect and value their associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working atFidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
FidelityInvestments is an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1