Advance your career at Liberty Mutual – A Fortune 100 Company!
GRS Claims Advanced Analytics (G-CAAT) is seeking a highly motivated individual to engage in a variety of analytics and modeling projects. G-CAAT is part of the larger Claims Transformation team, whose mission is to create solutions that advance the delivery of claims services to realize our long-term version. Our role in this mission is to construct and incorporate predictive models in claims processes that augment adjusters’ decision making and reduce work workload. We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our team to apply analytic techniques to help the Claims department reduce loss costs, drive efficiency, improve customer experience, and increase employee engagement.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with claims adjusters from different lines of business, other data scientists, actuaries, analysts, and IT developers. You and the team will work with clients across GRS Claims to understand business needs, identify modeling opportunities, and create workable use cases. You will collaborate with subject matter experts to brainstorm potential predictors, manipulate structured and unstructured data sets to identify patterns, develop traditional statistical and machine learning models, and update existing models. You will also communicate and present models to stakeholders, and collaborate with IT to deploy models. A successful candidate will be organized, creative, and interested in solving business problems using data and analytics. This position is posed for grades 17-18, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Researches and develops predictive analytic solutions. Leverages knowledge to create/design solutions for business needs.
- Mines large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions.
- Identifies and tests hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and builds predictive models for business application.
- Translates quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enables the business to make clear trade-offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Customizes analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Responsible for smaller components of projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
- Regularly engages with the data science community and participates in cross-functional working groups.
- Broad knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models. Expert knowledge of predictive toolset; reflects as expert resource for tool development.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely. Ability to establish and build relationships within and outside the organization. Ability to give effective training and presentations to peers and less senior team members. Has a value-driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and 2-4 years of relevant experience, a Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 4-5 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree(scientific field of study) and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- General Business
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1