Janssen Research & Development LLC is a Johnson & Johnson company. They are recruiting for a Director, Data Science External Innovation. Is this person you? If it is, you will report to the Global Head of Data Strategy, Janssen R&D. The primary location for this position is Boston, MA.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and Development areas encompass Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Infectious diseases. Their ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. They have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
In This Role, You Will
- Identify relevant industry, academic, and governmental entities for partnerships; develop and maintain positive relationships
- Possess detailed understanding and knowledge of trends in data science and related technologies
- Have knowledge of how to structure business agreements and leverage creative deal structure
- Contribute to the partnership negotiation process from exploration, discussion, pricing, contract, execution, and launch
- Develop new business opportunities with existing partners
- Proactively participate in local/regional data science meetings and conferences
- Prepare regular briefings, Provides critical input to data strategy initiatives
- Execute against metrics and landmarks to help drive value across all relevant R&D activities in collaboration with the central data science team
- Contribute to building infrastructure, processes, and practices to support the work of business development, including the introduction of tools and systems as needed
- Ph.D. degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline.
- Ph.D. and 5+ years, or master’s and 10+ years, of relevant experience in Digital, Data Science, or relevant biopharmaceutical industry or Private Equity / Venture Capital experience
- Curiosity and strong intellectual capacity
- Passionate about the transformative power of data science and health tech to improve human health and alleviate human suffering
- Ability to elicit information from multiple sources and to synthesize that information into recommendations for potential partnerships
- Attention to detail, but never losing sight of the big picture
- Strong professional presence and project management skills
- Ability to thrive is a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace; ability to influence those around you
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- MBA degree with at least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline and 5+ years of working experience in Digital, Data Science, or relevant biopharmaceutical industry or Private Equity / Venture Capital experience
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of their employees, they are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1