Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Director, Data Science Portfolio Management. This will report to the Chief Operating Officer of Data Science, Global Head of JRD Strategy, and Operations.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and Development areas encompass Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic disorders, Immunology, Neuroscience, and Infectious diseases. Their ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. They have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
- Partner with the COO, Data Science (DS) and the relevant TA/Function to define and prioritize a portfolio of high impact use cases in alignment with TA/Function strategy and JRD Data Science strategy
- Drive strategic DS projects to achieve the intended impact in a timely manner
- Lead in a highly matrixed environment with cross-functional teams of TA/functional representatives, Data Scientists, Software engineers, external partners (when relevant), etc. while providing executive transparency to the COO and relevant leads
- Collaborate with the DS analytics and Data Platform team to execute on the priorities, pragmatically build a roadmap to deliver the user cases, from test and learn to scale up deployment
- Build and use the right partnerships and alliances with internal and external partners in collaboration with Business Development, Innovation Centers, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of the partners, understand and align the problems and the value of use case with key partners
- MD, Ph.D. degree, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in the Data Science and /or Digital Health space in a company ranging from start-ups to consulting firms with established Data Science practices or large Fortune 500 companies.
- Experience with product management and leadership experience to build and execute on high impact DS projects/platforms
- Proven project leadership in a complicated context, able to influence and engage the strategic and technical partners
- Consistent track record of collaboration and leading in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills.
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes.
- Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining, and/or text mining.
- Handling of healthcare-relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims, or registry data.
- Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
Thriving on diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, they are committed to inclusion. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1