Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Information Technology is actively searching for an experienced Software Development Manager. In this role you will manage staff and provide technical guidance related to software development and related projects. You will oversee the development, implementation, and execution of project plans, ensure scope and schedule are established for projects and assignments, and oversee the operating plan and resource allocation for the group, including prioritization and staff deployment.
Most importantly, you’ll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to “helping people live safer, more secure lives” every day.
- Provides technical expertise to clients and IT management and staff.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, critical success factors and operating plans.
- Develops and communicates unit vision, strategies, critical success factors and plans; develops high-level migration plans.
- Hires and manages team of people; coaches, counsels, and develops team members. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans and ensures alignment with organizational objectives. Evaluates team and individual performance and makes compensation recommendations.
- Initiates and fosters business partnerships with current and potential clients, vendors and IT executives, develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness, and balances individual client needs with business priorities.
- Establishes financial plan for the unit and manages to plan.
- Initiates process and organizational improvement activities which enhance overall effectiveness; seeks ways to improve human resource and other management processes.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts, performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products, and analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 5-7 years experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices, and techniques.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1