Are you looking for an opportunity where you can diversify offerings for the future?
Do you believe strongly in reinventing the way you do things to meet the evolving needs of our customers, employees, and partners?
Do you want to be part of a company that empowers its people?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Director II, Advanced Analytics role with Liberty Mutual Insurance Global Retail Markets (GRM US).
Agent Distribution & Service (AD&S) Insights provides strategic and analytical insights to inform decision-making by the AD&S leadership team. The Strategic Insights team specifically drives big-picture decision-making – helping to define AD&S’s long-term goals within the context of GRM US, and translating goals into specific actions, investments, and financial plans.
We are seeking an individual who will build out the analytical framework for our efficient growth efforts – maximizing our growth and profit return from our growth investments. You will be responsible for taking a holistic view of our portfolio of growth initiatives and analyzing the growth/expense trade-offs across those initiatives. You would succeed by driving conversations around what is optimal in the short run and what levers we can pull to hit our long run goals, ultimately expanding the growth-expense frontier for the entire AD&S org. The scope for the role encompasses our local (independent and best-in-class agent) sales channels for personal and business lines as well as our service operations.
We measure ourselves on our ability to translate our insights into actions, so you will conduct high level analytics while building alignment with an executive, non-technical audience. Partners include executive leaders across AD&S – including independent agent, best-in-class agent, and service operations channel managers. Success requires collaborating with other Insights teams as well as operational managers, and working effectively across functions with colleagues in Finance, Product Management and Marketing Analytics. This role is a senior individual contributor, though there is the possibility of direct reports as the team evolves.
A Successful Person Will
- You will complete quantitative assessment of current and potential growth investments, using Product life-time value (LTV) models and evaluating acquisition costs, marginal returns, and life-time expense ratio impacts
- You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to build organizational capabilities around efficient growth analyses
- You will craft and lead projects independently in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities
- You will gain consensus for complex analyses from an audience of non-technical executives
- You will develop capabilities and drive consistency in efficient growth analysis across Insights teams by partnering to assess opportunities and building tools to enable distributed analytics
- You will coach more junior staff on financial and economic concepts
Who is an ideal fit?
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field; Ph.D. helpful given quantitative work overseen.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience. Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of data sources, tools, and business processes, including a sophisticated understanding of cross-functional operations and business drivers.
- Advanced statistical techniques required.
Benefits: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Overview: At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to exceptional places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, hardworking people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1